lōlō (loh loh):

noun - a person who is off their rocker or just plain off
adjective - crazy, simple

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dallas with Dad

Dad and I at Pizza
I'm back from Dallas. Had my CAT scan on Tuesday, met with my doctor on Friday for the results. If you remember, after my 4th treatment they did a CAT scan too, because it was the midway point. At that time my tumors had shrunk, one by 80% and the other by 50%, which I was super stoked about. From the CAT scan on Tuesday, my doctor said they hadn't shrunk much more. Kinda disappointed, but my doctor assured me that only about 50% of his patients have all of their tumors gone by the end of chemo, that is what the radiation is for.

So from his office I went to get some preliminary stuff done to start radiation. They put some marks on me to help them align the laser. What I didn't know is that on my next visit they will actually tattoo little dots on me for the alignment, so they can't wash off.

I was supposed to start radiation on Wednesday, January 28, but I unfortunately have pneumonia and have been in bed for 4 days straight. I feel fine while in bed, but as soon as I get up and move around I start coughing. Little annoying coughs, that don't produce any phlegm (I know - gross). But they just won't stop until I lay down again. It totally sucks. But at least today, Matt moved the Internet in the bedroom, so here I am complaining to you. Neat, huh?
So radiation has been postponed a week, and I am continuing to put drugs in my body, but now they are antibiotics and steroids. Nice. I just wish they would start working already.
On a brighter note, my hair is starting to fill in. My head isn't quite so shiny(don't have to worry about standing directly under a light and blinding anyone anymore), my hair looks darker, and the best part is.....NO GRAY HAIRS! Whooopeeee! My hairdresser is going to be so bummed (not really she is great, and will be happy for me), only hair cuts for me! No color! YEA!

My time in Dallas with my dad and Jean was great! Here are some pictures from the highlights.

Jean picked me up from Levitra training and took me to her all time favorite BBQ place. It was the best BBQ sauce I have ever tasted - and they served the sauce warm. It was onolicious. Brought a bottle home for Matt to try. Ummmm good! Then we shopped Dallas together. Yea!

After that went to the Friday night pizza joint. Also very good.

Mark, Katie, Jean






Me, Katie and Mark on our way to the picnic Katie planned. It was a beautiful day in Fort Worth. We ate sandwiches, played soccer, threw the football, and went to the art museums gift shop. It was a great picnic.




The day before I left was my dad's birthday. We actually celebrated all weekend long, but this was from birthday lunch on Sunday.


Here is the new look for the bed thanks to Dad and Jean. Yea! Jean made the accent pillow on the bed and the cushion on the chair for me. Thanks Jean! I also scored one of her quilts. I absolutely love it. It has all sorts of colors, but bright turquoise, yellow and green are the anchor colors. It has monkey's on the back and swirls (which remind me of monkey tails) embroidered into it. I can't wait to get the downstairs room done to put it in there, then I'll put a picture of it up.

Gracie obviously loves the new coverlet.

I just love this fabric.

3 comments:

JNew said...

MEA,
Hope you get to feeling better :( Meanwhile, you can post stuff and entertain the rest of us. Soon you will be ready to nuke those tumors. Na na na na. That was supposed to be a machine gun noise.

KatieD said...

MEA, I am praying that you feel better soon!

MEA said...

Thanks you guys. I feel great when I am just laying in bed. It is when I get up and walk around that I start coughing. So annoying. My cousin Becky is coming in today to take care of me for a week. So I am totally stoked. She bakes pies!!!!!
Anyways, thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I'll take them! Have a great week.
Peace,
MEA