lōlō (loh loh):

noun - a person who is off their rocker or just plain off
adjective - crazy, simple

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Two Down!

Last picture with hair - for a couple months anyway.

I got it! I got it! I got it! YEA!!!!!
I got my chemo today. That makes 2 down, 6 to go. I am 1/4 of the way done.

I feel great today. They hop me up with so many steroids and anti nausea stuff, I have already cleaned the bathroom and am getting ready to do the laundry. Tomorrow I should be a little more tired.

I still have a little bit of the cold left, but since my counts were back up, the doc felt I was good enough to get it. I am soooooo happy!

Tonight is going to be a big goings on though. I am finally doing it. I am shaving my head. My shower experience this morning convinced me. But your prayers helped, because I didn't cry and I felt ok with it. I am mostly grossed out by the hair that is all over my floor, my bed and my clothes. It is just really grody. So I invited a few of my girl friends over to help Matt and I get through it. I figure between the 6 of us, somebody is going to have the nerve to actually do the shaving.
Of course Matt wanting to be in solidarity with me immediately decided that he would shave a mohawk in his hair tonight. I don't really know if I want that much solidarity. Of course we will photo document it, so look for it with the next post.

OK, that's it. I am doing good.
Have a great day!

Peace,
MEA

No comments: