lōlō (loh loh):

noun - a person who is off their rocker or just plain off
adjective - crazy, simple

Saturday, October 18, 2008

To Wig or Not to Wig?



Isaiah raising the roof in the blue rocker hair.


The week has been great! I think my second treatment of chemo was easier than my first. I was a bit more tired, but less of an upset stomach. I think that is a fine trade off.

So now that I cut my hair short, I thought I would wear the wig to work. Thank you all for voting, by the way. It was a close race. I secretly always loved the brown long layered, even though I understand the point of getting something totally different. I thought I would wear it for continuity - just for work. There are some doctors who I have told, but others, I just don't have that kind of relationship with.

Me off to work with in my hair hat.
So Monday, I put on my "hair hat" and off to work I went. It lasted until Wednesday. After Wednesday, I was over the "continuity" idea. The hair hat was super hot, itchy and gave me headaches. (Of course Matt thinks I was just wearing it too tight.) I also felt super self conscious and that everyone could tell it was a wig anyway. Plus I like the short hair. By Thursday, I was over being the slave to fashion or a hair hat, and went with my new shorn locks. Yes, I had to answer a few more questions about it, but having Hodgkin's is not something I am ashamed of, so why not talk openly about it. I don't know, that is my current stance on it anyway. We'll see how I progress.

This Thursday was great. Laramy started with a mango and avocado salad, then what he called his version of beef and broccoli. Of course he got rave reviews and everyone wants to be his new best friend.

Laramy striking a pose in the long brown layers.


Who ever is praying for my sense of humor about my hair - it is working. After dinner we brought out the hair hat and everyone tried it on. You can see for yourself that some were greatly inspired by the long brown do.

Josh - How did he get that wind blown look?

Dawn - wow that's straight!

Linda - she said she is definitely more comfortable as a blond.

But Josh liked it.

Shannon - I don't think that middle part is working for you.

Matt - How come it looks like a short brown wig on him?

Cutie pie Isaiah.

His laugh when he saw himself in the mirror was an eruption of joy.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Ithink when Matt gets home, you should measure his head. I'm just curious.