lōlō (loh loh):

noun - a person who is off their rocker or just plain off
adjective - crazy, simple

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Bella, the food girl, and Gracie

I know, I feel weird about it, but I thought a Christmas picture with just me would be silly, so I broke down took one with the animals. Actually, I spent hours trying to get ONE with the animals. I tried self portraits, timers, everything. I even had to take a break because the animals were getting too stressed out (which you can see on their faces here), either from the flash or me rushing around trying to get them to look at the camera. So what you see above is the best of my hours of labor.

Travel has been a reoccurring theme this year. I spent Thanksgiving in Phoenix at my cousin's house. You may remember her as the pie baking cousin from previous posts. I know that is how all my friends in Hawaii remember her - thankfully - since they now eat lots my homemade pies.

Becky, mom, and the world traveler


The girls at Thanksgiving
Now that I think about it, this picture took about as long to get as the one of the animals and me. Hmmm, what could that mean? And boy howdy, there were some doozies before we finally got this one.

CB and me

Luckily my travels, even when they were for work, contained fantastic adventures. Like getting to see CB and attending my brother's breath taking wedding in Yosemite.


Yosemite was marvelous. I can't wait to go back. Anyone up for a week of camping and hiking this summer? Let me know. I have caught the hiking bug. So much that I joined a hiking group here. I have been posting all the hike pictures on my facebook, but here are just a smattering.

So there is probably much more to tell. But this is a busy time of year and you should probably be doing something besides reading my blog.
So while I can't say that I ever expected to muddling through Matt divorcing me in 2009, I have kept myself busy and experienced some beautiful moments.

This is your hiking, world traveling, food girl to Bella and Gracie, signing off.
Peace to you and your family.
Please be safe during the holiday season.
And get yourself to a church this Christmas!
Love,
MEA
P.S.
For those of you worried about Gracie and her box. The half eaten box was completely destroyed a few days later. Soon to be followed by a fantastic cat bed given to her by Dr. Sakai (one of the doctors I work with). No worries though, as you can see in the picture below, a new box has come into the picture and she is happy. (See, why couldn't I get that kind of happy in our Christmas picture?)












5 comments:

Mark said...

Thank you for the update on the box...It has really been bothering me. I am so happy to see her in a new box now. I am finally up to speed on your blog. I settled in a few Fridays ago with a flagon of ale and went through everything. Wow! I still can't wrap my head around it all but you are quite the woman. Everything was very moving esp. the awesome family and friends you have. Merry Christmas! Peace from California.

MEA said...

Thanks Mark.
It'll be fun to see you again in New Orleans in January.
Merry Christmas.
MEA

Anonymous said...

MEA, I'm sitting here digesting everything thinking, Wow your doctors delivered the most amazing news to you right before your birthday. What a great present. Then I realized that I hadn't read the blog in over 6 months. Where did the time go? But maybe more than that, you really squeeze a lot into a short amount of time. I love your Christmas picture with your fur-kids. Really nice. I miss ya, Koren. By the way, friends that I play vb with call me KoKo or KoKo Pants. Does that translate in Solo Lolo Lingo?

MEA said...

Yep, got the news that I was cancer free on a Tuesday and on Thursday Matt handed me the divorce papers to sign. He had being weird since November. But I didn't really have the energy to do anything about it since I was in the middle of chemo. Crazy stuff, huh?
I would definately say that Koko Lolo has a ring to it, don't ya think?

Anonymous said...

Smiley,
I need a current email address.
Please go to bearcatbuilders.com
and click the contact button. I will reply asap.