lōlō (loh loh):

noun - a person who is off their rocker or just plain off
adjective - crazy, simple

Friday, November 7, 2008

Judy's Wild Adventures in Paradise


Mom's visit was great.
After a crazy flight here (she went back and forth between Seattle and Portland a number of times before finally setting out over the Pacific for Hawaii), I finally got to pick her up around 9pm.


It was just her and I for 10 days straight. She unfortunately missed Matt entirely, yet she baked cookies for him everyday, so if he did happen to make it home that he would have warm cookies.


Luckily she liked Gracie, and Gracie loved her. They were practically inseperable while she was her. Go figure - I feed her every day, yet she wants to sleep and snuggle with my mom.


Mom also got to meet my oncology nurse, Patty, when I had to go get my white blood cells checked after the shot. Patty said she thought mom was great even though mom is a republican nurse.


We went to the beach, where we laughed and laughed at the weightlessness and pull of the water.


I got her to dress up as a hippy with me for Halloween - she even flashed a peace sign. After having a few friends over, we walked out to the main strip in Waikiki and watched all the people dressed up. We agreed that our favorite moment, even though it was a bit startling, was when the two guys who were dressed as gorillas started freaking out and ran straight passed us to a guy dressed as a 7 ft banana.

Mom agrees that we should not cut the crooked tree in front of our house. After praying through the house she could not help but make an archway out of a few stray branches. I thought it framed her quite well in this picture.

I am trying to get Matt to blog about his trip, so be sure to bug him about it when you talk to him.
Hope this finds you well.
Peace, MEA


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the pics of you and your mom. Looks like you guys had a blast. I can't believe you dressed her up as a hippie!! Too Funny!!! So here's a question. We know Jim voted no on the Gracie Videos, but I just noticed there's 2 no's... Don't let it stop you from recording the cute stuff, we love it! Majority rules, and we think it's cute. Miss you,
Christy

Kathy said...

MEA-Your mom is so darn photogenic! guess that's where you got it- wonderful pictures- You two are very unscruffy hippies-
can not wait to be there in that same water. hug Gracie for me and don't let her get any bigger till I see her
love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi MEA I have been watching this almost daily. It is so neat to read your journey. Thanks for the card, I don't hear from anyone much up here in the desert. However, Vickie and greg are coming to Flagstaff and contacted me so I think I will see them Sunday.
I'm so glad you and your mom had good time and that you put it on the blog because I haven't been able to get her to answer the phone :-) Love and wishes for many blessings to you, Aunt Mardy

caribbeancowgirl said...

MEA,

Looks like you had a great visit with your mom! You look great!! Also, glad to see that you are still feeling well and able to keep playing ball. Justin talked to Matt the other night...so, he must have finally made it home. Pheww!! I was starting to think he had decided to conquer his own island! Big hugs to you guys!....and Gracie!@ =)

Anne said...

HELLO! Cute pics and Judy is adventurouse! Whose the knome? You look great and healthy, keep it up! I'm glad Matt's home and Matt, put some pictures on and tell stories about the crazy bird lady!! Love you guys. I wish i could be there with you and Mom and dad.