lōlō (loh loh):

noun - a person who is off their rocker or just plain off
adjective - crazy, simple

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The last day in Sydney was a ZOO!

Jim and I spent our last day at the Taronga zoo. It was amazing. We had to take the ferry across the harbor to get there. Then we spent about 5 hours there and probably only saw about 1/2 of the animals. It was huge.

One of the things I really loved about it was that they were very succient with their animal descriptions. (Pelican example below.) It just told you what you needed to know without all the fluff.
These are all the Australian Animals

Koalas - Yay!


Kanagroos and Wallabies - they let us just wander in the enclosure with these guys, there are no fences separating us form them. We were just told to stay on the path and the animals knew how to just stay out of reach.


Platapus and some huge bird with a horn on its head.

Non-Australian Animals
Any resemblence?


Merekeets - there was like 30-50 of these in the enclosure. They were so cute all running around together, but don't stand still long enough for good photos.

Red Panda

Giraffes
Monkeys - Which Jim loves, go figure.


Reptiles

(Jim took this picture, isn't it great!)


Sea things.

Grizzly Bear

Jim rubbing noses with a pigmy grizzly bear. He is so brave!


This is us after a full day of animal viewing. Yay!





3 comments:

Lara said...

The picture where you two where dressed up as animals is hilarious! I can't figure out what you were MEA though. Looked like a spinny fro. I would have looked to have seen all these animals. If you get a chance, could you email me some? WOuld love to use them in my classroom. Looks like you were having a good time. I want to hear about it when you get back!

Jay and Jane said...

Hey you eaten all those Tim Tams and Mint slices yet?Do we need to bring over more? Yipppeeee--we became blog worthy. Thanks. Miss you and think of you often. see ya in 17 weeks

MEA said...

I can't wait to see you guys. Hey I need your mailing address. Maybe facebook it to me when you have a chance. I had a great time. Miss the boys so much - and you guys too.
See you soon.
MEA