lōlō (loh loh):

noun - a person who is off their rocker or just plain off
adjective - crazy, simple

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sydney day 2 and 3


I got it (actually I got a lot of them, but I thought I would spare you the series for now.) The view from our room of the opera house with the sunrise. Totally killer. Jim really loved the fact that #1 I was up at this time and #2 I was letting the light into the room and #3 I kept talking about how great it was. He finally got up. He he he.

Day 2 was a gsk sponsored tour of the city sights.
First stop the Opera House. We got an awesome tour.

Jim and I out front of the opera house.
(Even though this picture is of the brigde across the bay.)

Opera house in all it's glory.

Jim in front of one of the sails.

The inside of the sails are concrete sections individually formed and placed. It is amazing.
I will blog one day all about the opera house when I have more time. It was amazing.

Then we toured around the neighborhoods and stopped at Bondi (pronouced Bond-eye) beach for lunch.

Day 3 was our full day adventure. We started with Sandboarding, which wasn't as adventurous as we expected because you just sat on your but and went down the mountain of sand. Jim and I raced up and down the mountain as fast as we could to get as many chances at it as possible.




But we did go against our guides warnings and try a little standing up.
Also at the beach were some random camels. So we touched them and got our pictures taken with them. They were actually softer than I expected.

Did they put the concrete pyramids in the background to make them feel more at home?

Then off to a winery/brewery for bbq lunch. It was the best meal we have had so far.

Then off to the dolphin watching cruise. The sights from the bay were beautiful.
We are having a great time. Usually too tired for any nightlife. I know, we feel like losers. Although, last night we made it to the pub across the street to watch a big rugby game. This is the second one I have watched. I think I love rugby. It is fast paced and hard hitting. I think they play in the park in Honolulu. I am going to have to go watch one day.
Hopefully I can find a power converter for my camera today. My battery is low and I forgot about converting the voltage when I bought the adapter for the prongs. Annoying.
So I'll post again when I can.
Peace!
MEA

1 comment:

Alicia Scanlan said...

Hey Mea! I loved reading your blogs and I am of course very jealous about your view of the opera house. I hope you can get tickets to something there so you can hear the acoustics inside. If I was there I would have sang some opera for you on the tour! We miss you here but I am so glad you are having a great time. Alicia is on her second night of staying at your place and is loving it! Thanks again- LOVE YOU!